Wednesday 18 June 2008

Dental Implants

Everyone wants the perfect smile these days which is why people are turning to dental implants. The great thing about them is that they've really improved over the last couple of decades which means they are just as good as the more commonly used type of dental surgeries such as crowns bridges.

When you have a dental implant you will find that there are two basic stages to this. There is a titanium artificial tooth that is inserted into your jaw bone in a surgical means. A dentist, periodontist or oral surgeon will do this for you. Just below the gum tissue you will find the top of the implant and it's exposed to the mouth by small holes that are put into the gums. A cap is then threaded onto the implant as this allows the gum tissue to not grow over the implant which is something you certainly want to avoid.

9 comments:

Dr. David Cheng said...

Thanks for sharing this post on dental implants. Your description will help many people gain a better understanding of what dental implants are and their benefits.
childrens dentist

Unknown said...

When I lost a tooth after an accident, my dentist referred me to a periodontist (Chattanooga based) who will replace the missing tooth. Luckily, I live only a few miles away from Chattanooga. Dental Implant is my choice of procedure because it greatly resembles my real tooth and it will let me chew properly.

iconrugs said...

Excellent info! I'll definitely follow your article!
Dental implant Birmingham

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for providing such a information. It has a big help for me. Hope to see more info updated.I must bookmark this article!
Forzest

Unknown said...

Very Useful information , this is both good reading for, have quite a few good key points, and I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. Best advertising Agency in the world | top advertising agencies in pakistan | Marketing Agency

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from itadvertising | advertisment| production houses in pakistan

Unknown said...

Hi! nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing.Cheers!

- The dental implants melrose ma

Life is Beautiful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life is Beautiful said...

I was in confusion about the cost of my dental implant then i came to know about dental tourism and that time i had to visit Mexico.then i have completed my dental implants from costa rica dental tourism and saved a lot. They also gave me great service.